On any given day, 2.5 billion people use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future.
Making sustainable living commonplace
Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world.
When consumers reach for nutritionally balanced foods or indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps that combat disease, luxurious shampoos or everyday household care products, there’s a good chance the brand they pick is one of ours. Seven out of every ten households around the world contain at least one Unilever product, and our range of world-leading, household-name brands includes Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo. Trusted local brands designed to meet the specific needs of consumers in their home market include Pureit and Suave.
Whatever the brand, wherever it is bought, we’re working to ensure that it plays a part in helping fulfil our purpose as a business – making sustainable living commonplace.
A sustainable business plan
Unilever brands around the world
See all 400 Unilever brands and find out which are available in your country
Innovation at Unilever
Consumer research and innovation are key to our progress, and we invest around €1 billion every year in research and development. Read more about our world-class innovation.
We want our business to grow but we recognise that growth at the expense of people or the environment is both unacceptable and commercially unsustainable. Sustainable growth is the only acceptable model for our business.
Our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) is central to our business model. It sets out how we are growing our business, whilst reducing our environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact.
Our USLP has three big goals:
- Help more than a billion people to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Halve the environmental footprint of our products.
- Source 100% of our agricultural raw materials sustainably and enhance the livelihoods of people across our value chain.
Working together to create a better world
We know that our products must be sustainable at every stage in their life-cycle, not just in our factories. That means working with others, including our suppliers, consumers, governments, NGOs and other businesses to help create the major changes that are needed to address the biggest challenges facing our world.
Business facts & figures
- €51 billion turnover in 2018
- 58% of our business is in emerging markets
- 12 brands have sales of more than €1 billion a year
- 161,000 people work for Unilever
- 47% of our managers are women
- In 2017, we maintained zero non-hazardous waste to landfill
- No.1 FMCG graduate employer of choice in 44 of the 52 countries we recruit from
- In 2017 our Sustainable Living brands grew 50% faster than the rest of the business
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. And work alongside brilliant and inspiring business leaders and colleagues. If you want to feel proud of what you do and make others proud too, join us.