Overall responsible for managing the day-to-day engineering operations and supporting Companys commercial and operational requirements by optimum deployment of resources to achieve efficient, safe and cost-effective results. Will attend to all scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance requirements and will absorb disruptions caused by AoGs/casualties by constantly liasing with other sections to minimise grounding. This role is responsible for managing multiple stations in one country or multiple stations in more than one county.
- Develop, analyze, and execute annual budgets with adequate emphasis to the business needs of the organisation. This includes manpower,capital expenditure and non-capital items within budgets to ensure overall cost effectiveness.
- Maintain the highest quality standards by constantly ensuring staff under direct control are aware of all technical publications and revisions and maintain a `Read and Sign register to reflect the same. Shall also actively pursue quality circle programmes engaging staff from all grades in an effort to identify areas that require improvement and initiate action plans to deal with working environment issues.
- Carry out audits of various activities and document findings to establish trends and formulate the necessary plans to counteract any adverse findings. Forecast requirements for future inputs and make the necessary provisions to allow for timely handling and completion. Maintain operational obligations through deploying resources i.a.w the task requirements making sure all targets and deadlines are achievable.
- Conduct monthly meetings with staff highlighting concerns and expectations which shall be documented. Use this forum to communicate and emphasise any management issues and include instilling a safety culture amongst the staff to actively participate in the drive to maintain good engineering and housekeeping practices.
- Good effective communication is to be undertaken through constant liaison with other engineering sections in an effort to enhance the overall communication channels used to constantly provide procedural revisions that will benefit the business.
- Identify all technical and non-technical training requirements and agree an action plan to address staff and business needs to the benefit of the section ensuring we maximize productivity. – Conduct timely and proper opening/agreeing/closing of MyBC reviews for all staff under his control ensuring that overall ratings are distributed in a fair and even handed manner and that ratings above superior are supported and justifiable and to provide technical leadership and guidance as required for the Engineers within the respective section
- Compile monthly station reports reflecting operational/efficiency data, staff information and station issues. Maintain a leave/bid system to enable staff to avail their annual leave while ensuring adequate resources are available to fully attend to the business and operational needs. This is to be achieved ensuring strict control of overtime and lieu hours while keeping the associated costs under control.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Engineering experience.
- Jobholder must have an ICAO type II / EASA 66 / GCAA type rated licences on company aircraft as well as company approvals.
- 10+ yrs extensive experience in a commercial aviation maintenance organisation or similar, 5 of which should have been in a senior position.
- 10+ years in aviation maintenance environment with a reputable aircraft maintenance organisation.
- At least 5+ years certifying experience as a license or company authorization holder.
- At least 2+ years in a supervisory position.
- The jobholder must be a good administrator and man manager with the ability to handle a multi-national work force and capable of resolving and dealing with conflicts, situations and complex projects.
- Fully conversant with Air Legislation and legal matters that relate to the operation and maintenance of aircraft to international standards.
Please note you must have the right to live and work in Sri Lanka,The company will not assist with work permits.